Taxes's questions - Malay iziqna

If I receive money from a life insurance policy, do I have to pay income tax on it.

I tried to file my federal return without state return via HR block, and got rejected twice with the same codes. 1st one is "We're unable to E-File your return", and 2nd one is "There was a processing error with your state return" which makes no sense as I'm only filing my federal... show more

Do you get tax refund/return with 1099 misc?

13 answers · United States · 6 hours ago

Tax return question?

11 answers · United States · 7 hours ago
Hi guys, I had a quick question about filling my taxes. So me and my wife make a total of 57k for the year 2017-2018, she makes about $1.50 more than me per hour. So my question is if we should file it under turbo tax/credit karma or go to a tax professional because we tried to file it jointly as a married... show more

How to do taxes?

17 answers · United States · 2 days ago
This is my first year of doing taxes and I have no idea what to do

Do you consider tax evasion a serious crime?

11 answers · United States · 1 day ago

Need help, am I doing something wrong?

19 answers · Canada · 3 days ago
I'm a 22 year old university student and live with my parents, I made about 20k last year (spent it all on car, insurance, etc) anyway I was just filling my tax return and at the end it says I'll receive about $187 in tax return. The previous years I got at least 1.5k$ back. What do I DO?

My mother had a problem with the IRS last week, as they took out $800 from my college savings account. They were able to do this because we had a joint account set up. She then called the IRS a first time asking if they could put the money back or if she could do payments. One of the workers then told her that the... show more

How many years should yo keep your taxes?

18 answers · United States · 3 days ago

Tax question?

10 answers · United States · 21 hours ago
I worked Job A in summer of 2018, made a few thousand dollars, and job B I worked in December of 2018, but only for a few days and made approximately $300. Both of these jobs were taxed. I got my W2 from job A, but job B says that I didn’t work enough to get a W2. Is this right, or should I get a W2 from job B,... show more

Can I claim my 2 sisters on my taxes. Will I get in trouble?

11 answers · United States · 2 days ago
An accountant helps me do my taxes I go to her every year, If i add my 2 sisters on my taxes this year. I do live with them and I have prove they depend on me. My mom didn’t work all year. She is married and her and her husband are filing together with my younger brother. Will I get in trouble?

I need to get my w2 forms for my taxes can u help me?

7 answers · United States · 6 hours ago

How do I change my tax state?

7 answers · United States · 6 hours ago

Where's my refund?

13 answers · United States · 3 days ago

Was this woman RUDE and should I go to her place again?

8 answers · United States · 1 day ago
I usually file taxes with this woman because my husband recomended her. She has been preparing our taxes for the past 4 years. This year I decided to use turbotax instead. It messed up the EIC credits on my return so I had to amend it, and I went to this lady s place and explained what happened. When it was time to... show more